After having three babies within 15 months of each other and being seriously over stretched by my rather big twin boys, weighing 6.1lb and 5.11lb at 5 weeks early, it’s fair to say my body has taken a battering. Now after losing around 39lbs in the space of 6 months it’s time to tone up and sort out my sagging skin 🙈
Having done a lot of research, I’ve made a list of 14 tips, all home remedies that I will be using a lot religiously from now on 💪
Here we go…
1. Limit sun exposure – no tanning, no sun beds (not that I usually do but anyone else out their who does and wants to improve their skin this ones for you!!)
2. Mineral/salt scrubs – increases blood flow, get a good loofa too, twice a day if you are committed – at least 3 times a week
3. Collagen cream – our skin in made from collagen, this makes it easily accepted into our bodies. I have been using a good collagen cream but not religiously! Time to up a notch!
4. Weight training – adding weights to your exercise regime, toning up helps the appearance of sagging skin.
5. Hydration – hydrate your body, hydrate your skin! Try at least 8 glasses a day!
6. Yoga – relieve stress, be more flexible and lose weight, this is supposed to help your skin be flexible after a few weeks.
7. Fruit and vegetable – with a high water content helping to hydrate and lots of vitamins and minerals eating at least 5 portions a day is key.
8. Raw foods – included in your portions, raw is 100% better for you, keeps all the nutrients locked in.
9. Lean protein – helps to build muscle, creating a more toned look and contains collagen and other nutrients our skin needs. After working out is best to boost muscle mass.
10. Avoid junk food – high fat foods are only going to add weight on, with those few stubborn pounds left under the skin that needs tightening this is not going to help! Avoid at all costs.
11. Essential oils – lavender and almond are the two I will be using, lavender is supposedly one of the best and requires a few tsps a night (this seems quite a lot to me!) almond oil – 1tsp every night, also supposed to help with the appearance of stretch marks, here’s hoping!
12. Tightening mask – a single egg white mask on your stomach three times a week…hmm interesting!!
13. Tightening astringent – made from honey 1 tsp, witch hazel 1 tbsp and Rosemary – which is supposed to help improve circulation.
14. Firming creams – it’s suggested to look for ones with natural ingredients, Vitamin E & A as well as collagen creams.
Now, all the boring facts are out the way, let’s go for the opinions!!
A lot of the suggestions sound a bit odd, some sound totally mad! But I’m going to give them all ago at some point!
Tuesday the 6th December
As it stands I’ve started using a few already. Last night in the shower I used a body scrub and loofa, I have to say as soon as I stepped out of the shower I noticed instantly how smooth my skin was! I don’t think I could comment on tighter skin.
Afterwards I used Nip & Fab’s tummy fix firming gel. I like the way it smells and can tell it goes into the skin well rather than sitting on the top from the texture my skin feels after applying. I’ve also applied this morning too, I will doing this twice daily, morning and night.
This morning I also tried lavender and almond oil. This is VERY potent!! I only used a few drops of lavender and more almond oil, I would definitely suggest using this at night time rather than the morning. Not sure if it’s made a real difference, however I know this one is a patience game.
I’ll also be using my collagen cream once a day too. I have definitely seen improvements with this over the past year but I have not been as consistent as I’d have liked to!
I have a pretty good diet already, I eat mainly gluten and dairy free, use plat based protein, as well as a lot of lean protein and eat good carbs like sweet potato. I also take my Juice Plus+ premium capsules which have the essence of 26 different types of fresh, ripe, raw fruit & veg! Which is good as I know that if I don’t mange all 5 of my portions each day, I have pumped good nutrients straight into my blood stream already!
Water could be taken up a notch but I do drink a lot of green and herbal teas which I count in my water intake.
I have recently started rebounding (using a mini trampoline called a rebounder) it’s good cardio but low impact. I also do some weight training but will be upping this and doing daily alongside my rebounding. I’m also looking for local yoga classes too!
I know this isn’t going to be an over night transformation so I will only be taking progress pictures once a week, I’m going hardcore and using all of these daily and will be adding in others as we go through the process!
Determined to get in a bikini this year 💪
If anyone has had any experience with good products or home made remedies I’d be really interested to hear about them or if you’d like to talk more in further detail, send me a message 💚